This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Exciting career opportunity to supervise the Membership, Aquatics, ChildWatch and Member Services departments for the Twin Lakes Family Y, which is located in Cedar Park, TX, just north of historic Austin, Texas. The Twin Lakes Family Y has an annual budget of $4.8 million and over 4,000 membership units. The facility has 54,000 square feet of programmed space, a natatorium, outdoor pool/splash area, cardio theatre, two group exercise rooms, child watch, teen center and 5 acres of sports fields. The Twin Lakes Family Y has some exciting opportunities that this position will play a key part of including: an aggressive growth campaign; a plan to increase member involvement and launch new programs, and a need to reach out to underserved communities.
The Senior Director of Member Services, a full-time exempt staff member, will be a key member of the senior leadership team and primarily responsible for maintaining dynamic, industry-leading programs that advance the engagement, health and well-being of all members, including those newest to the Y. The incumbent will be a dynamic and experienced leader with demonstrated capacity to cultivate and involve a wide variety of members, volunteers, colleagues, staff and others.
We are seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual that meets the requirements of this position. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
**This Senior Program Director’s responsibilities include:
- A working knowledge of Membership, Aquatics, ChildWatch, and Front Desk operations.
- Maintaining all equipment with the help of Program Directors, assuring all are safe and in good working order; and, when necessary, repaired appropriately and rapidly with minimal disruptions to use by members and others.
- Developing, introducing and maintaining innovative programs to meet the emerging and evolving interests and needs of members in all age groups, e.g., programs for all ages including youth, teens and adults.
- Maintaining constant focus on the organization's cause as a charitable organization, continuously engendering in staff a strong commitment to the Y's philanthropic goals and active participation in its philanthropic activities.
- Demonstrating and developing in staff a skill set, constant awareness and empathy for meeting member needs.
- Assuring staff training and skills are current and ongoing in how to best meet member well-being needs and advancing member engagement in the Y.
- Assisting the Executive Director in developing, monitoring and executing monthly and annual budgets for the Membership, Aquatics, Child Watch, and Front Desk departments operating within financial constraints to optimize limited financial resources.
- Actively cultivating and partnering with volunteers across the organization to assure that programs, classes and services meet and exceed members’ expectations.
- Actively participating as a team member in our Annual Campaign and serving as Director on Duty when required.
- Continuously demonstrating and reinforcing the Y's core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith through leadership and constant behaviors
Skills / Requirements
- **MINIMUM REQUIRED ABILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS**
- Success in this position requires five or more years of supervisory experience in program management.
- At least two years’ experience in one or more of the core departments: Membership, Aquatics, ChildWatch or Front Desk.
- Experience and ability training staff.
- Ability to trouble-shoot or diagnose concerns of members and volunteers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the recruitment, training, and supervision of professional staff, para-professional staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to actively cultivate and partner with volunteers across the organization to assure that programs, classes and services meet and exceed members’ expectations.
- Possess excellent customer service skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with members, staff, peers, volunteers, and leadership.
- Ability to effectively communicate general information on YMCA Programs.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Current certifications or ability to acquire certifications in CPR, First Aid, and CPO (Certified Pool Operator) required.
- 4-year college degree in related field preferred but not required.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, sex offender registry check, and reference checks.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $21 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision options, LTD/Life Insurance, Paid-time off for Vacation, Sick and Holiday, Tuition Assistance, Family membership to YMCAs in Williamson County, program discounts, including child care, and 12% company paid Retirement after two years of service with 1000+ hours. Relocation assistance available.
How to Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Beth Prickett, Twin Lakes Family Y Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail directly to Beth Prickett at Twin Lakes Family YMCA, 204 East Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park, TX, 78613. The application deadline is Thursday, January 23, 2014. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
Resumes until: Thursday, January 23, 2014