Resident Camp Counselor, Cedar Park TX - Virtual Interview/Apply today
YMCA Camp Twin Lakes is very excited to be looking for Resident Camp Counselors to join our Summer 2020 Staff Team. Our Resident Camp Counselors facilitate student programming, provide support, supervision, and encouragement to our campers, and impact lives in powerful ways! Ideal candidates will be outgoing, energetic, and passionate about working with youth. Resident Camp Counselors will live and work at camp from late May 2020 through mid-August 2020.
- Lead cabin groups and provide supervision of campers through various camp activities
- Foster positive and appropriate relationships between campers; encourage active participation from all camp participants.
- Provide guidance and support for any camper behavioral or group dynamic challenges within the cabins and during camp programs.
- Exhibit teamwork and good communication with co-counselors and other camp staff
- Participate in daily camp operations, activities, supervision and procedures as needed
- Will reside on camp property and provide overnight supervision in cabins for the duration of summer camp programs.
- Will be required to work at least one full weekend camp program.
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $290 to $310/week
Room and Board Included
Skills / Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Childcare or Camp experience desired
- Able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Buckets of enthusiasm
- Creative! Compassionate! Confident!
Job Status: Seasonal