YMCA Aquatics Administrator Cedar Park, TX
Exciting career opportunity to assist the Aquatics Director of the Twin Lakes Family Y, which is located in Cedar Park, TX, just north of historic Austin (http://www.cedarparktx.us/cp/default.aspx). The Twin Lakes Family Y has an annual budget of $4.2 million and over 5,000 membership units. The facility has 54,000 square feet of programmed space, a natatorium, outdoor pool/splash area, cardio theatre, two group exercise rooms and 5 acres of sports fields. The Twin Lakes Family Y has some exciting opportunities that this position will play a key part of including: an aggressive growth campaign; a plan to increase member involvement and launch new programs, and a need to reach out to underserved communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Director, the temporary Aquatics Administrator position provides administrative and clerical support for the Aquatics Department. The Aquatics Administrator will answer phones, type correspondences, file, schedule, coordination of lessons and trainings, obtain supplies, and coordinate registrations. The Aquatics Administrator will also answer non-routine correspondence and will interact with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Must be available evenings and weekends. Hours will vary depending on activities.
We are seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual that meets the requirements of this position. Only qualified candidates will be considered:
**The Aquatics Administrator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist members and staff by answering questions and requests.
- Assist with the preparation of various reports and correspondence, as requested.
- Responsible for all maintenance and upkeep of Aquatics supplies.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and calls.
- Sort and distribute mail. Draft written responses or replying by phone or e-mail when necessary. Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Handle all registration forms/holds, and mail outs in a timely manner.
- Relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Supporting other branch activities as required.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Good Oral and Written Communication
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good computer skills
**MINIMUM REQUIRED ABILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS**
Three to 6 months experience in customer service or an office environment required. Ability to communicate effectively with members, staff, peers, volunteers, and leadership. Ability to effectively communicate general information on YMCA Programs. Current certifications or ability to acquire certifications in CPR and First Aid within the first 30 days. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, background check, sex offender check and reference checks.
Salary: $10.67 – $12.95/hour
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision options, LTD/Life Insurance, Paid-time off for Vacation, Sick and Holiday, Tuition Assistance, Family membership to YMCAs in Williamson County, program discounts and 12% company paid Retirement after two years of service with 1000+ hours.
Pay: $10.67 to $12.95/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary,Seasonal