YMCA Birthday Party Host, Cedar Park, TX
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is seeking a Birthday Party Host to provide instruction and supervision of birthday party guests, including children and adults. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Represent the YMCA and self in a professional manner of safety and fun.
- Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety and our YMCA values.
- Treat every child fairly and equally regardless of circumstances and abilities, making each child feelgood about themselves and encouraging a fun environment.
- Accentuate positive attributes nurturing the whole child; physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally.
- Maintain good public relations with members and always represent the best interests of the YMCA.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Participate in trainings as required.
- Arrive with ample time to report to position at the scheduled time.
- Be responsible and fulfill your commitments to scheduled shifts. Notify a supervisor personally and in atimely manner if you are unable to meet your commitment. This includes illness and extenuatingcircumstances.
- Assume other responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with a supervisor.
- Plan and outline birthday party activities ahead of time to keep things moving, to eliminate turn takingand waiting for long periods of time. Show excitement through voice, actions, and posture.
- Be available to talk to parents.Safety
- Dress according to YMCA dress code, having on the appropriate shirt and name tag. Dress in appropriate athletic attire.
- Give a safety briefing at the beginning of each party. Participants and their parents must know what is required of them while attending a party to ensure safety.
- Double-check the clothing safety of all participants in your parties for jewelry, gum, and clothing violations that can result in injury.
- Double-check and set-up all equipment prior to your party.
- Know the location of the first aid kit, nearest phone, and incident reports. It is highly encouraged to maintain current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Ensure emergency procedures are followed.
- Complete incident reports forms as needed and submit to Membership Operations Director.
1.Minimum age of 182.Previous experience working with children in a supervisory setting required.3.Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.4.First Aid, CPR and AED; Child Abuse Prevention training within 60 days of hire.
1.Ability to verbally lead group activities.
2.Adequate mobility, sight and hearing to effectively supervise program participants.
3.Sufficient strength and agility to perform essential functions of position including the ability to lift achild who weighs approximately 50 pounds.
4.Ability to perform essential functions which may involve, but not limited to the following activities:standing; sitting; semi-to-full reaching overhead; crouching; kneeling; carrying; twisting of the waist,shoulders and legs.
HOURS: Part Time: Fridays 6-8 PM, Saturdays and Sundays 1-8PM availability required.Up to 29 hours weekly
PAY RATE: $9.04-$12.66 DOE to start
LOCATION: Twin Lakes Family Branch
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume and YMCA job application to our Membership Operations Director: Jene' Riley
204 East Little Elm Trail Cedar Park, Texas 78613
No Phone Calls Please
Pay: $9.02 to $12.66/hour
Job Status: Full Time