YMCA Camp Counselor, Burnet, TX
Camp Counselors are responsible for the supervision, health and safety of an assigned group of children. Enthusiastic, caring Camp Counselors are the key to our program.
As role models, Camp Counselors are selected based on experience, maturity, enthusiasm, creativity, and attitude. Camp Counselors actively participate in camp with campers and help build relationships.
Counselors are involved with the campers all day, every day, building a sense of belonging and trust through our activities and programs.
Your special talents and interest are a great part of camp and we are looking for people with some of the following experiences: Cheer Leading, all sports including Lacrosse and "non-traditional" sports, magic, mad science, singing, guitar playing, acting, outdoor living skills, wood working, arts, crafts and more.
Benefits: FREE individual membership to the YMCA of Greater Williamson County and discounted family memberships
The YMCA of the Highland Lakes at Galloway Hammond is located in Burnet, TX, just 35 miles north of historic Austin, Texas. The Y at Highland Lakes has an annual budget of $1.1 million and over 1,000 membership units. The facility has 60,000 square feet of programmed space, a junior Olympic indoor pool, cardio theatre, two group exercise rooms, large wellness center and 5 acres of sports fields.
**MINIMUM REQUIRED ABILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS**
The successful candidate for this position will:
* Be at least 18 years of age;
* Be friendly, courteous, possess a cooperative attitude and be a team player;
* Be available and willing to work a split shift, mornings and afternoons/evenings Monday thru Friday;
* Some Friday evenings may be required for teen events;
* Have a neat appearance and be well-groomed;
* Have prior experience interacting with children, such as at a day care center, a school, or a Mother’s Day Out program;
* Be committed to making a positive difference in the lives of children;
* Possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
* Must be certified in CPR/First Aid & Safety within first 30 days of employment;
* Be willing to uphold the YMCAs core values of caring, honesty, responsibility, respect, and faith;
* Be able to pass reference check, pre-employment drug screen, background check and sex offender check.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County.
Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens.
The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
The YMCA needs your official application completed in order to consider you for employment. You may download the application here:
Or apply at the YMCA of the Highland Lakes at Galloway Hammond, 1601 South Water, Burnet, TX, 78611.
For more information or to email your completed application contact Stephanie Ivey, Program Director
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
Pay: $7.25 to $12.66/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal