YMCA Camp Twin Lakes Waterfront Lifeguard, Cedar Park, TX
The Twin Lakes Family YMCA in Cedar Park, TX is seeking lifeguards to join our team for Day Camp!
Benefits: Free individual YMCA membership
Under the direction of the YMCA Aquatics Director, lifeguards are responsible for maintaining a safe environment in the pool, on the deck, and surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to creating a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history background check, sex offender registry check and pre-employment drug screen prior to hiring
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Current AED certification
- Current First Aid certification
- Current YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Reliable transportation to work
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess mature judgment
- Have sound decision making skills
- Ability to communicate to people of all ages in a positive, but firm manner
- Must be observant, safety conscious
- Able to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to enforce and also follow all aquatics rules & regulations
- Must maintain skills at test ready and rescue ready at all times
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in varying weather conditions
- Perform daily cleaning tasks
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Check pool chemicals and maintain logs of chemical reading
- Check pool and rescue equipment
- Be punctual and loud
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character development model in all branch activities
- Take on the most effective role
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal history, sex offender and reference checks.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $26 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services. Our organization is home to the largest school age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs for youth development, for healthy living and for social responsibility for all people throughout Williamson County.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is an equal opportunity employer and offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision options, LTD/Life Insurance, Paid-time off for Vacation, Sick and Holiday, Tuition Assistance, Family membership to YMCAs in Williamson County, program discounts and 12% company paid Retirement after two years of service with 1000+ hours.
Pay: $10 to $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal