YMCA Child Watch Lead Counselor, Cedar Park, TX
*Provide leadership and accountability to the child watch department. Deliver a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honest, respect, responsibility and caring. Perform other departmental duties as assigned. This is a part-time position.*
1. Supervise department level 1 staff, including corrective action/coaching. Ensure mandatory trainings and certifications are complete. Report staff concerns to supervisor.
2. Manage department inventory, supplies and equipment maintenance. Report all maintenance and cleaning concerns to cleaning personnel.
3. Schedule department staff in accordance with YMCA employment policies, inform supervisor of shift vacancies.
4. Provide safe supervision to participants and maintain a fun, welcoming environment.
5. Implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
6. Uphold program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
7. Attend staff meetings and YMCA trainings as directed.
Must able to pass reference checks, pre-employment drug screen, background check and sex offender check
Free individual YMCA of Greater Williamson County membership and discounts on family membership
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; model’s adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Part Time: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Weekend availability required. Up to 29 hours weekly
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum age of 18
- Previous experience working with children in a supervisory setting required.
- Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED; Child Abuse Prevention training within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to verbally lead group activities.
- Adequate mobility, sight and hearing to effectively supervise program participants.
- Sufficient strength and agility to perform essential functions of position including the ability to lift a child who weighs approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform essential functions which may involve, but not limited to the following activities:HOURS:
- Part Time: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Weekend availability required. Up to 29 hours weekly
- standing; sitting; semi-to-full reaching overhead; crouching; kneeling; carrying; twisting of the waist, shoulders and legs.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties.
Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens.
The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Submit cover letter, resume and YMCA job application to:
Twin Lakes YMCA, Senior Business Manager
204 East Little Elm Trail
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
No Phone Calls Please
Pay: $10 to $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time