YMCA Childwatch Counselor, Burnet, TX
The YMCA of The Highland Lakes is now accepting applications for caring, fun loving, energetic and creative individual who enjoys working with children. The ideal candidate needs to be a good communicator, problem solver, and be able to engage with children. Serving kids from ages 6wks-9 years. This is a Part-Time position working morning, evening and weekend shifts.
- High school Diploma/GED preferred
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history background check, Sex Offender Registry check, and pre-employment drug screen prior to hiring.
- Must be able to be on your feet the entire length of your shift; lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to handle a busy environment.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid & Safety within the first 30 days of employment
- Be at least 17 years of age;
- 12 months experience working with children (preferred)
- Be friendly, courteous, enthusiastic, possess a cooperative attitude, and be a team player;
- Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts, on weekends, and evenings;
- Have strong communication and organizational skills
- Have a neat appearance and be well-groomed;
- Be CPR/AED and First Aid certified or willing to be certified within first 30 days of employment;
- Be willing to uphold the YMCAs core values of caring, honesty, responsibility, respect, and faith
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, or kneel, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Individuals must be able to pass reference check, pre-employment drug screen, sex-offender check, and criminal history check.
Pay: $7.25-$14.95 based on experience and certifications
Contact: Becca McCrocklin, Program Director
1601 S. Water Street, Burnet, TX 78611
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 5 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County
Pay: $7.25 to $14.95/hour
Job Status: Part Time