YMCA Childwatch Counselor, Burnet, TX
The YMCA of The Highland Lakes is now accepting applications for caring, fun loving, energetic and creative individual who enjoys working with children. The ideal candidate needs to be a good communicator, problem solver, and be able to engage with children. Serving kids from ages 6wks-9 years. This is a Part-Time position working morning, evening and weekend shifts.
- High school Diploma/GED preferred
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history background check, Sex Offender Registry check, and pre-employment drug screen prior to hiring.
- Must be able to be on your feet the entire length of your shift; lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to handle a busy environment.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid & Safety within the first 30 days of employment
- Be at least 17 years of age;
- 12 months experience working with children (preferred)
- Be friendly, courteous, enthusiastic, possess a cooperative attitude, and be a team player;
- Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts, on weekends, and evenings;
- Have strong communication and organizational skills
- Have a neat appearance and be well-groomed;
- Be CPR/AED and First Aid certified or willing to be certified within first 30 days of employment;
- Be willing to uphold the YMCAs core values of caring, honesty, responsibility, respect, and faith
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal history, sex offender and reference checks.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties. Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
The YMCA needs your official application completed in order to consider you for employment.
*download the application here:
Please submit all applications/resumes to:
YMCA of the Highland Lakes
Free individual YMCA Greater Williamson County facility membership
1601 S. Water Street, Burnet, TX 78611
Pay: from $8.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time