YMCA Childwatch Counselor, Cedar Park, TX
Want to make a positive difference in the lives of children? Join our dynamic Child watch team at Twin Lakes Family YMCA!
Looking for caring, fun loving, energetic and creative individual who enjoys working with children. The ideal candidate needs to be a good communicator, problem solver, and be able to engage with children. Serving kids from ages 6wks-7 years. This is a Part-Time position working morning, evening and weekend shifts.
- High school Diploma/GED preferred
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history background check, Sex Offender Registry check, and pre-employment drug screen prior to hiring.
- Must be able to be on your feet the entire length of your shift; lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to handle a busy environment.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid & Safety within the first 30 days of employment
- Be at least 17 years of age;
- 12 months experience working with children (preferred)
- Be friendly, courteous, enthusiastic, possess a cooperative attitude, and be a team player;
- Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts, on weekends, and evenings;
- Have strong communication and organizational skills
- Have a neat appearance and be well-groomed;
- Be CPR/AED and First Aid certified or willing to be certified within first 30 days of employment;
- Be willing to uphold the YMCAs core values of caring, honesty, responsibility, respect, and faith
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal history, sex offender and reference checks.
Free individual YMCA of Greater Williamson County membership and discounts on family membership
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties.
Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens.
The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Jene Riley, or email at email@example.com or drop them off at Twin Lakes Family YMCA, 204 East Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park, TX, 78613.
Pay: $7.84 to $10.98/hour
Job Status: Part Time