YMCA Childwatch Lead, Cedar Park, TX
Provide leadership and accountability to a child watch department. Deliver a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honest, respect, responsibility and caring. Perform other departmental duties as assigned.
- Supervise department level 1 staff, including corrective action/coaching. Ensure mandatory trainings and certifications are complete. Report staff concerns to supervisor.
- Manage department inventory, supplies and equipment Report all maintenance and cleaning concerns to cleaning personnel.
- Schedule department staff in accordance with YMCA employment policies, inform supervisor of shift
- Provide safe supervision to participants and maintain a fun, welcoming
- Implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA
- Uphold program standards including safety and cleanliness
- Attend staff meetings and YMCA trainings as
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum age of 18
- Previous experience working with children in a supervisory setting
- Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and
- First Aid, CPR and AED; Child Abuse Prevention training within 60 days of
- Ability to verbally lead group
- Adequate mobility, sight and hearing to effectively supervise program
- Sufficient strength and agility to perform essential functions of position including the ability to lift a child who weighs approximately 50
- Ability to perform essential functions which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: standing; sitting; semi-to-full reaching overhead; crouching; kneeling; carrying; twisting of the waist, shoulders and
Part Time: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Weekend availability required. Up to 29 hours weekly
Submit cover letter, resume and YMCA job application to:
Membership and Youth Development Operations Director
204 East Little Elm Trail Cedar Park, Texas 78613 firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please
Pay: $10.67 to $15/hour
Job Status: Part Time