YMCA Controller, Round Rock, TX
Exciting new opportunity to join our accounting team in a dynamic and growing environment!
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is seeking a Controller who will lead our general accounting team and be responsible for internal and external financial statement reporting and analysis, administration of the budget and support across the organization, and ensure timely and accurate financials in compliance with GAAP. This role will develop and administer approved accounting policies and procedures throughout the Association and work with business units to develop operating procedures and internal controls to strengthen the organization. The successful candidate will be a “hands on”, mission driven, flexible, leader and team player.
General Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Hire, train, supervise and lead accounting personnel and budgets, including accounts payable, payroll, and general accounting areas.
- Maintain and administer accounting systems, security and controls to accomplish the proper recording and reporting of all operations, transactions, assets and liabilities of the YMCA supporting fund accounting.
- Approves all journal entries and reconciliations of YMCA bank accounts and all other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare/review financial statements required by management, the Board, and outside agencies.
- Maintain records, and prepare various internal and external reports, including reports for various federal and state agencies.
- Facilitate key functions such as annual independent audit and 990 preparation.
- Lead the administration of the annual budget process and support across the organization and ongoing monthly forecast process.
- Conduct special internal audits, perform analyses and cost studies as required and provide recommendations.
- Work closely with ITS staff to ensure that computer and software systems provide accurate information and adequate internal controls.
How to Apply:
(Note: Please refer to the job title when applying for this job)
Send resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com, or Apply at http://www.ymcagwc.org
Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Resumes until: 12/2/2019
Skills / Requirements
- Strong business acumen and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with advanced abilities
- Five years’ experience in a supervisory accounting role
- Experience in a nonprofit organization is preferred
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in accounting or business field; CPA preferred. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, sex offender and criminal history background check.
Cause Driven Competencies
Community, volunteerism, Relationships, Communication, Quality Results
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties. Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Pay: $64,550 to $73,630/year
Job Status: Full Time