YMCA Dance Instructor, Hutto, TX
Hutto Family YMCA in Hutto is currently taking applications for a Dance Instructor for its recreational dance program (preschool-young adult). Instructor will be responsible for teaching dance to children 3 years old and up. Must have knowledge of a variety of dances, for example; ballet, tap, jazz and hip hop are all classes that will be offered at our facility. Applicant must be available to work various shifts. Candidates should have a minimum of 12 months experience and be committed to making a positive difference in the lives of children, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must be able to pass reference check, pre-employment drug screen, sex-offender check, and criminal history check.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Coach Hutto YMCA dance classes
- Oversee daily class routines, attendance and schedules
- Work with Director to coordinate and implement Winter and Spring dance recitals.
- Provide coaching and leadership to all participants
- Establish and implement ongoing communication with families.
- Administer skills progression testing and monitoring.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Kendra Gaul at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at Hutto Family YMCA, 200 Alliance Blvd Hutto, TX 78634. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
Skills / Requirements
* Be at least 18 years of age;
* Minimum of 12 months experience in teaching young children ballet, tap, jazz and/or hip hop
* Be friendly, courteous, enthusiastic, possess a cooperative attitude, and be a team player;
* Have a general knowledge of fitness and wellness;
* Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts, on weekends, and some evenings;
* Have strong communication and organizational skills
* Have a neat appearance and be well-groomed;
* Be CPR/AED and First Aid certified or willing to be certified within first 30 days of employment;
* Be willing to uphold the YMCAs core values of caring, honesty, responsibility, respect, and faith;
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $21 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Pay: $9.02 to $14.95/hour
Job Status: Part Time