YMCA Fitness Consultant, Burnet, TX
YMCA of The Highland Lakes in Burnet, TX, is seeking motivated, high-energy Fitness Consultants. If you have an interest in getting involved in the fitness profession this is the place to start, this position is considered entry level and requires little to no experience in fitness. All you need is a passion for exercise and changing people’s lives. You will be assisting people around the weight room, giving orientations, as well as ensuring the fitness areas are clean and safe. This is a great way to get experience in fitness and see if you like being in it before becoming certified as a Personal Trainer. All training for this position is provided.
- Part-Time year round position
- Must attend monthly staff meetings, training, and functions as part of the staff team.
- Be present and approachable in fitness areas.
- Assist members with questions related to fitness and the facility.
- Maintain equipment and keep areas clean in accordance with shift checklist.
- Complete scheduled fitness and orientation appointments.
- Administer strength tests associated with fitness appointments.
- Contact members after completed appointments to follow up on progress.
Floor Shifts: Morning Shift 8am-12pm Mon-Fri. Evening Shift 4pm-8pm Mon-Thu. (Shift assignments may vary)
Age: Must be 16 years or older.
How to Apply:
(Note: Please refer to the job title when applying for this job)
Apply at: https://ymcagwc.recruiting.com/
The YMCA needs your official application completed in order to consider you for employment.
* download the application here:
* Drop off completed form to the YMCA of the Highland Lakes located at:
1601 S Water St, Burnet, Texas 78611
Contact: Josh Phillips 512-736-6180
Skills / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 16yrs of age
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification
Applicants will be required to pass reference checks, a criminal history background check, sex offender check, and pre-employment drug screen.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $26 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Pay: $9.04 to $12.66/hour
Based on experience and certifications. Benefits: include free individual YMCA membership, discount on family membership, and tuition assistance based on hours worked and tenure. Certifications: CPR, AED and First Aid. Classes available at local YMCAs.
Job Status: Part Time