YMCA Graphic Design Intern, Round Rock, TX
BE PART OF OUR MISSION
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit serving over 45,000 members every year. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The Y is dedicated to building programs for youth development, for healthy living, and for social responsibility that promote strong families, youth leadership, and community development across Williamson & Burnet Counties.
The Graphic Design intern will work closely with the Senior Creative Director and the Marketing Communications team to create materials for both print and digital YMCA promotions. They will learn to interpret brand standards and mission in visual communication, and develop their professional workstyle learning to attend meetings, meet deadlines, work from concepts and creative direction, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in-house Senior Creative Director with the creation of graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, banners, emails, website, blogs and social media
- Collaborating with the MarComm team to support campaigns and offer design solutions
- Assist with the compilation of fact sheets, reports, and the presentation of marketing collateral and design
- Assist in making revisions to past and current design projects
- Assist the MarComm department in digital asset management, including organizing, categorizing and tagging the department’s photographic, video, and digital media
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors currently enrolled in a visual communication and/or design degree program
- A student portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of creating graphics and design concepts and communicating visually
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Completed coursework in graphic design, marketing or a similar program
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Proficiency in office software tools including: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel
- Enthusiasm for communicating through design and attentiveness to detail
- The ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team members
- Organized and possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
MAJORS: Graphic Design, Web Design, Marketing
DURATION: Fall Semester (15-20 hours per week for 14 weeks)
MIN EXPERIENCE: Student (College)
This is a paid internship.
- 15-20 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at ymcagwc.recruiting.com or send resume to Brian Green, at email@example.com or drop them off at the Metro Offices at 1812 N. Mays St., Round Rock, TX 78664.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5PMCST ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29.
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
Pay: from $9/hour
Job Status: Part Time, Contract/Temporary, Internship