YMCA IT Support Tech, Round Rock, TX
Excellent opportunity for an entry level Part-time Help Desk Support Specialist!
We are a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties. Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Seeking a community minded, friendly and customer service driven candidate. The ideal candidate will assist with a variety of maintenance, software installation. Provide troubleshooting assistance for computer problems and advise on appropriate action. Will ensure end user workstations and network performance are meeting organization and user requirements and will perform responsibilities in accordance with Association standards, policies and procedures. Will abide by organization mission, vision and core values.
This position requires flexibility and availability to ensure that our Association customer needs are met. The successful candidate will work with internal staff in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists IT Director with Maintenance of computer systems, analyzes, and troubleshoots end-user devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, printers, scanners, copiers, and all associated peripherals
- Handles a wide variety of technical support requests via multiple channels, including phone, email, and remote desktop
- Serves as the first point of contact for internal employees seeking technical assistance over the phone or via email
- Utilizes excellent customer service skills and exceeds end user expectations
- Determines the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the end user
- Records events and problems and their resolution in the ticketing tool
- Supports and maintains user account information including access rights, security and system groups
- High School Diploma or equivalent; prefer some college with an emphasis in information technology or equivalent discipline
- Familiarity with Hardware troubleshooting/repair (PC’s, laptops, printers, etc…)
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems, including Windows 7, 8.1, 10, iOS, and Android
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains positive work environment which aligns with YMCA culture and values
- Takes a solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Capable of prioritizing activities
- Ability to follow pre-established procedures and proactive in recommending improvements to existing procedures
Salary: $12.98 - $17.78 per hour
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision options, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid-time off for Vacation, Sick and Holiday, Tuition Assistance, Family membership to YMCAs in Greater Williamson County, program discounts and 12% company paid retirement once vested. No Relocation assistance available.
How to Apply:
(Note: Please refer to the job title when applying for this job)
Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at http://www.ymcagwc.org
OR send to:
P.O. Box 819, Round Rock, Texas 78680
Pay: $12.98 to $17.78/hour
Job Status: Part Time