YMCA Kitchen Assistant Cook, Cedar Park, TX - Virtual Interview/Apply today
YMCA Camp Twin Lakes, in Cedar Park, is looking to hire a Kitchen Assistant Cook for the 2020 Summer Camp season. Under the direction Head Cook and Resident Camp Director the Kitchen Assistant Cook, in cooperation with other staff, will be responsible for providing high quality food service, within budgeted guidelines. This position assists in providing high quality food and snacks while ensuring that systems and processes that ensure safety are adhered to. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Assists with activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Assists in planning menus and snacks, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
- Attends all relevant training meetings and training events.
- Assists with the maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen to ensure a healthy / safe environment.
- Wash and put away dishes.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Employee Status: Seasonal (May 26-August 14)
Pay Range: $11-$12 per hour
Skills / Requirements
- A Texas Food Handlers Certification
- Minimum age of eighteen (18) years old
- GED or high school degree
- Six months of relevant experience, dealing with large group cafeteria and family-style service
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must display a positive attitude towards children and staff, willingness to help others and good communication skills.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, adapting to the needs of YMCA programs. Weekend and evening work will be required at times.
Pay: $11 to $12/hour
Job Status: Seasonal