YMCA Lifeguard - Avery Ranch Area, RR, TX - Virtual Interview/Apply today
The YMCA is seeking experienced, friendly, high-energy Lifeguards in Avery Ranch, Austin area. This position requires a vigilant, safety minded person to maintain a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Must know and be able to perform all skills required for certifications. Applicant must be able to verbally communicate with public and staff.
- Part-Time and year-round positions
- Must attend weekly staff in service trainings as part of the staff team
- Responsible for finding substitute when needed and reporting substitution(s) to Aquatics Coordinator/Director
- Build member relations
- Maintain equipment and keep area clean
Shifts: Many shifts available
Age: Must be 16 years or older
Pay: $10.00 – $12.00 per hour based on experience and certifications. Summer Lifeguards who meet certain criteria maybe eligible for up to a $350 bonus.
Benefits: include free individual YMCA membership, discount on family membership, and tuition assistance based on hours worked and tenure.
Certifications: YMCA or ARC Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (ASHI or ARC), First Aid (ASHI or ARC), and Oxygen Administration (ASHI or ARC). Classes available at local YMCAs.
Skills / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 16 yrs of age
- Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen certification
- Must demonstrate swimming ability.
Applicants will be required to pass reference checks, a criminal history background check, sex offender check, and pre-employment drug screen.
How to Apply:
Pay: $10 to $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Seasonal