YMCA Lifeguards, Cedar Park, TX
The Twin Lakes Family YMCA in Cedar Park, TX is seeking lifeguard to join our team!
We are looking for applicants that have availability to work a flexible schedule; Monday through Friday early morning and evening shifts and also weekend availability.
Under the direction of the YMCA Aquatics Director, lifeguards are responsible for maintaining a safe environment in the pool, on the deck, and surrounding areas.
This includes but is not limited to creating a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Current AED certification
- Current First Aid certification
- Current YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Reliable transportation to work
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
Skills / Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess mature judgment
- Have sound decision making skills
- Ability to communicate to people of all ages in a positive, but firm manner
- Must be observant, safety conscious
- Able to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to enforce and also follow all aquatics rules & regulations
- Must maintain skills at test ready and rescue ready at all times
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in varying weather conditions
- Perform daily cleaning tasks
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Check pool chemicals and maintain logs of chemical reading
- Check pool and rescue equipment
- Be punctual and loud
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character development model in all branch activities
- Take on the most effective role
Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history background check, sex offender registry check and pre-employment drug screen prior to hiring
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties. Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
TO APPLY: The Twin Lakes Family YMCA needs your official application in order to consider you for employment.
Applications may be downloaded at: http://ymcagwc.org/careers/ or picked up at the front desk
Please bring applications/resumes to Twin Lakes Family YMCA, 204 E Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park, TX 78613
You may also email applications to the Kristina (Kris) Pequeno at: email@example.com
Pay: $10 to $15/hour
Pay commensurate with skills and experience.Free individual YMCA membership and discount on family membership.Tuition Assistance program.
Job Status: Part Time