YMCA MDO Teacher 1, Round Rock, TX
Want to make a positive difference in the lives of children? Join our dynamic Mother’s Day Out team at the CHASCO Family YMCA!
Looking for caring, fun loving, energetic, responsible, team oriented, and creative individual who enjoys working with children. The ideal candidate needs to be a good communicator, problem solver, and be able to engage with children. Serving kids from ages 2-5 years. This is a part-time regular position. Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to work scheduled class dates (Monday and Wednesday, 8:30am-1pm).
Specialty Instructors ONLY: Plan, organize, and conduct lesson plans and activities for youth-focused specialty programs. Ensure a timely, organized event and a quality experience. Provide active supervision of a group(s) of children in a Specialty Class/Program. Adhere to program policies and standards including safety, cleanliness, attendance, and dress code standards. Model relationship-building skills in all interactions. Maintain positive relationships with children, parents, other staff, and leadership. Ensure proper check-in and check-out procedures are followed and assist in maintaining proper records. Respond calmly to urgent or critical situations. Provide a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility, caring and faith. Support the mission, purpose, and goals of the YMCA, while performing the essential duties and responsibilities listed below.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be available to work various shifts Monday through Friday as well as Saturdays, and Special Events
- Candidates will need to have prior experience interacting with children, such as a daycare center, school, or a Mother’s Day Out program
- High school Diploma/GED preferred
- Must be able to be on your feet the entire length of your shift; lift up to 40lbs; interact with all types of personalities; integrate well with our staff; and handle a busy environment.
- Must possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid & Safety within the first 30 days of employment
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal history, sex offender and reference checks.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to Simia Jefferson, at email@example.com or drop them off at 1812 N. Mays St. Round Rock, TX 78664
Pay: $10.67 to $14.95/hour
Job Status: Part Time