YMCA Personal Trainer, Burnet, TX
YMCA of The Highland Lakes in Burnet, TX, is seeking motivated, high-energy all experience levels of Personal Trainers. Whether you are looking to change the world one person at time or just want help people make positive changes in their lives, this is the place for you. You will have the opportunity to not only work at a gym but to be part of a community and something bigger than yourself. Here you will be able to find clients in a wide range of all ages from beginners to pro-athletes, our members are looking for something and you could be the one to help them find it. Whatever your training specialty is there are people here that would benefit from what you have to offer. You will start with assigned floor shifts to allow you to build your reputation and get involved in the community and then build yourself a client base to create a more flexible schedule for yourself.
- Part-Time year round position
- Must attend monthly staff meetings, training, and functions as part of the staff team.
- Manage schedule to maintain availability.
- Perform quality client assessments.
- Prepare quality programs for clients based on wants and needs.
- Keep accurate records of appointments and clients.
- Be present and approachable in fitness areas.
- Assist members with questions related to fitness and the facility.
- Maintain equipment and keep areas clean in accordance with shift checklist.
- Complete scheduled fitness and orientation appointments.
- Administer strength tests associated with fitness appointments.
- Contact members after completed appointments to follow up on progress.
Floor Shifts: Morning Shift 8am-12pm Mon-Fri. Evening Shift 4pm-8pm Mon-Thu. (Shift assignments may vary)
PT Shifts: Open based on availability.
Age: Must be 18 years or older.
How to Apply:
(Note: Please refer to the job title when applying for this job)
Apply at: https://ymcagwc.recruiting.com/
The YMCA needs your official application completed in order to consider you for employment.
* download the application here:
* Drop off completed form to the YMCA of the Highland Lakes located at:
1601 S Water St, Burnet, Texas 78611
Contact: Josh Phillips 512-736-6180
Skills / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 18yrs of age
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification
- Certified Personal Trainer
Applicants will be required to pass reference checks, a criminal history background check, sex offender check, and pre-employment drug screen.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $26 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Pay: $12.32 to $25.67/hour
Based on experience and certifications. Benefits: include free individual YMCA membership, discount on family membership, and tuition assistance based on hours worked and tenure. Certifications: Nationally Accredited Personal Trainer Certification. CPR, AED and First Aid. Classes available at local YMCAs.
Job Status: Part Time