YMCA Program Development Coordinator, Hutto, TX
The Program Development Coordinator will provide support for the Hutto Family YMCA by creating new programs in a variety of departments. These new programs need to help increase program revenue for the branch, increase member engagement as well as member retention. The Program Development Coordinator will need to interact with employees, management, members, and other business associates in an outgoing, courteous manner. Must model relationship building skills in all interactions and develop and maintain a positive relationship with members, children and other staff.
The Program Development Coordinator will support the mission, purpose, and goals of the YMCA, while performing his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Create and implement new fee for service programs for the following departments: Childwatch, Zone, Youth Sports, and Older Active Adults.
- Assist with creating and implementation of new fee for service programs for the following departments: Aquatics and Fitness
- Survey Membership base quarterly to determine what programs they would like to see implemented
- Be key person overseeing communication and set up of all programs. Work with department heads, branch executive and association marketing department to ensure members are informed using a variety of marketing avenues.
- Run, supervise and evaluate all new programs.
- Ensure successful revenue growth and manage the budget for all new programs
Skills / Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid Texas Drivers License and show proof of insurability. Must maintain a driving record that is satisfactory with the YMCA standards.
CPR, First Aide and AED
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must possess excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to relate well to children, to communicate effectively, build rapport, and maintain positive relations with members staff, and Y leadership;
- Enthusiasm, high energy and exceptional human relations and motivational skills;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions;
- Should possess effective budgetary and programmatic experience;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of members, participants, volunteers or Y employees;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished orally, in writing, or in diagram form.
- Ability to attract, maintain, lead and motivate quality staff and volunteer leadership.
- Ability to be an articulate spokesperson for the Association and the YMCA movement as a whole;
- Commitment to the purpose of the YMCA of Greater Williamson County;
Must pass reference checks, pre-employment drug screen, criminal history and sex offender check
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is an equal opportunity employer and offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision options, LTD/Life Insurance, Paid-time off for Vacation, Sick and Holiday, Tuition Assistance, Family membership to YMCAs in Williamson County, program discounts and 12% company paid Retirement after two years of service with 1000+ hours.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties.
Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens.
The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Applications accepted through: Friday, March 16, 2018 at 5pm
Please contact Hutto Executive Director Lisa Koen:
P: 512.642.9441 or email: email@example.com
Pay: $30,000 to $32,000/year
Job Status: Full Time