YMCA Specialty Instructor, Cedar Park, TX
TWIN LAKES FAMILY YMCA is currently taking applications for a Specialty Instructor for its "Fun with Food" Cooking Program (preschool-young adult).
Instructor will be responsible for teaching specialty classes to children ages 5 to 12.
General duties include, but are not limited to: greeting and assisting members as they enter the Department while providing outstanding customer service. Excellent organizational and communication skills, must be able to multi-task efficiently, computer literate, customer service experience. Applicants must be available Monday and Tuesday from 3:15pm - 7:45pm.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Lead pre-k, elementary and /or middle school students in exploring fun & creative recipes
- Facilitate mobile cooking classes. Teach cutting, stirring, measuring, and nutrition
- Active communication with administration staff
- Interact with parents and Twin Lakes YMCA Staff
- Establish and implement ongoing communication with families.
- Administer skills progression testing and monitoring.
**MINIMUM REQUIRED ABILITIES and QUALIFICATIONS** The successful candidate for this position will:
* Be at least 18 years of age;
* Minimum of 12 months experience in working with young children
* Be friendly, courteous, enthusiastic, possess a cooperative attitude, and be a team player;
*Be interested in cooking and healthy alternatives to traditional recipes;
*Experience working with large groups of children in a school, camp, etc.
*Effective classroom management skills, with teaching experience preferred
* Have a general knowledge of specialty classes;
* Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts, on weekends, and some evenings;
* Have strong communication and organizational skills
* Have a neat appearance and be well-groomed;
* Be CPR/AED and First Aid certified or willing to be certified within first 30 days of employment;
* Be willing to uphold the YMCAs core values of caring, honesty, responsibility, respect, and faith;
Individual must be able to pass reference check, pre-employment drug screen, sex-offender check, and criminal history check.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
How to Apply: Please send resume to Jene Riley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at 204 East Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park, TX 78613
Pay: $10.67 to $14.95/hour
Job Status: Part Time