YMCA Swim Instructor, Round Rock, TX
The CHASCO Family YMCA in Round Rock, TX is seeking a Swim Instructor to join our team!
Summary: Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, Swim Instructors are responsible for providing a safe and positive instructional swimming environment for YMCA members and program participants. Swim Instructors must provide strong leadership, instruction, and motivation for students in swimming classes. Enthusiasm with kids is a must. This is a great position for someone looking to build their skills and gain experience with teaching. Swim lessons are offered for pre-school aged children to adults.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history background check, sex offender registry check, and pre-employment drug screen prior to hiring
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Reliable transportation to work
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Must be able to work variable hours
- Current CPR/AED Certification preferred
- First Aid preferred
- Oxygen preferred
- Current YMCA Swim Instructor Certification or Red Cross WSI certification is preferred but not required.
- Possess mature judgment
- Have sound decision making skills
- Enthusiasm with children
- Ability to communicate to people of all ages in a positive, but firm manner
- Must be observant, safety conscious
- Able to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to enforce and also follow all aquatics rules & regulations
- Perform daily cleaning tasks
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Be punctual and loud
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character development model in all branch activities
- Take on the most effective role
How to Apply: (Note: Please refer to the job title when applying for this job)
Contact: Mike Callen
1812 N. Mays St. Round Rock, TX 78664
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Apply at: https://ymcagwc.recruiting.com/
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit serving over 45,000 members every year. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The Y is dedicated to building programs for youth development, for healthy living, and for social responsibility that promote strong families, youth leadership, and community development across Williamson & Burnet Counties.
Pay: $10 to $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time