YMCA Swim Instructor, Round Rock, TX
The CHASCO Family YMCA in Round Rock and the Hutto Family YMAC in Hutto, TX are seeking Swim Instructors to join our team!
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, Swim Instructors are responsible for providing a safe and positive instructional swimming environment for YMCA members and program participants. Swim Instructors must provide strong leadership, instruction, and motivation for students at all levels of swimming classes. Enthusiasm with kids is a must. This is a great position for someone looking to build their skills and gain experience with teaching. Swim lessons are offered for pre-school aged children to adults.
How to Apply: (Note: Please refer to the job title when applying for this job)
Contact: Mike Callen
1812 N. Mays St. Round Rock, TX 78664
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Apply at: https://ymcagwc.recruiting.com/
Skills / Requirements
- Must be able to pass reference checks, criminal history background check, sex offender registry check, and pre-employment drug screen prior to hiring
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Reliable transportation to work
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Must be able to work variable hours
- Current CPR/AED Certification preferred
- First Aid preferred
- Oxygen preferred
- Current YMCA Swim Instructor Certification or Red Cross WSI certification is preferred but not required.
- Possess mature judgment
- Have sound decision making skills
- Enthusiasm with children
- Ability to communicate to people of all ages in a positive, but firm manner
- Must be observant and safety conscious
- Able to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to enforce and follow all aquatics rules & regulations
- Perform daily cleaning tasks
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Be punctual and loud
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character development model in all branch activities
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit serving over 45,000 members every year. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The Y is dedicated to building programs for youth development, for healthy living, and for social responsibility that promote strong families, youth leadership, and community development across Williamson & Burnet Counties.