YMCA Swim Instructors, Cedar Park, TX
The Twin Lakes Family YMCA in Cedar Park, TX is seeking a Swim Instructors to join our team!
We are looking for applicants that have availability to work a varied schedule with evening, morning, & weekend hours. This is a part-time position.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, Swim Instructors are responsible for providing a safe and positive instructional swimming environment for YMCA members and program participants.
Swim Instructors must provide strong leadership, instruction, and motivation for students in swimming classes.
Enthusiasm with kids is a must.
This is a great position for someone looking to build their skills and gain experience with teaching. Swim lessons are offered for pre-school aged children to adults.
- Possess mature judgment
- Have sound decision making skills
- Enthusiasm with children
- Ability to communicate to people of all ages in a positive, but firm manner
- Must be observant, safety conscious
- Able to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to enforce and also follow all aquatics rules & regulations
- Perform daily cleaning tasks
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Be punctual and loud
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA four core values and character development model in all branch activities
- Take on the most effective role
Skills / Requirements
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Reliable transportation to work
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Current CPR/AED Certification preferred
- First Aid preferred
- Oxygen preferred
- Current YMCA Swim Instructor Certification or Red Cross WSI certification is preferred but not required.
Will be required to pass reference checks, a criminal history background check, sex offender check, and pre-employment drug screen.
Free individual YMCA of Greater Williamson County membership and discounts on family membership
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties.
Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens.
The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Regional Day Camp, Residence Camp Branch, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
The Twin Lakes Family YMCA needs your official application in order to consider you for employment.
Applications may be downloaded at: http://ymcagwc.org/careers/ or picked up at the front desk
Please bring applications/resumes to Twin Lakes Family YMCA, 204 E Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park, TX 78613
You may also email applications to the Kristina (Kris) Pequeno at: email@example.com
Pay: $10 to $15/hour
Job Status: Part Time