YMCA Water Fitness Instructor, Cedar Park, TX
Twin Lakes Family YMCA is seeking experienced, friendly, high-energy Water Fitness Instructors. This position requires employee to instruct water aerobics classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Must know and be able to perform all skills required for certifications. Applicant must be able to verbally communicate with public and staff.
- Part-Time and year round position
- Design and prepare class routines that meet all the necessary components using safe guidelines in accordance with current accepted practices of exercise physiology.
- Must attend monthly staff meetings, training, and functions as part of the staff team.
- Record class attendance on appropriate sheet.
- Responsible for finding substitute teacher(s) when needed and reporting substitution(s) to Aquatics Coordinator/Director.
- Responsible for teaching classes.
- Responsible for starting and ending class on time.
- Build member relations.
- Maintain equipment and keep class area(s) clean.
Age: Must be 16 years or older.
Pay: $10.67 – $25.67 per hour based on experience and certifications.
Benefits: include free individual YMCA membership, discount on family membership, and tuition assistance based on hours worked and tenure.
Certifications: CPR, AED and First Aid. Classes available at local YMCAs.
How to Apply:
Apply at: https://ymcagwc.recruiting.com/
Skills / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 16 yrs of age, 18 for senior classes
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification
- Strongly recommended YMCA Water Fitness Instructor and YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate the ability to put together a water fitness program.
- At least one year of experience teaching water fitness classes preferred.
Applicants will be required to pass reference checks, a criminal history background check, sex offender check, and pre-employment drug screen.
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is $26 million Association focusing on mission driven, non-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson County. Our organization is home to the largest school-age childcare provider in Williamson County and health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 42,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility Branches, a centralized Childcare Department, a Metropolitan Services Branch, and over 100 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
Pay: $10.67 to $25.67/hour
Job Status: Part Time